Life can be made easier if a migraine patient starts identifying and recording when did he/she have bad headaches.
It can help them to recognize the triggering factor, avoid it and stay away from debilitating headaches.
Following are the key points that every migraine patient should bear in mind:
1. Get adequate sleep- Migraine patients get headache if they wake up early or if they cannot sleep for the hours they are used to. The next morning, they wake up with a headache.
2. Don’t skip meals- The worst trigger of migraine is skipping meals. If in the morning you do not get breakfast at the usual time, you may start experiencing heaviness over head.
3. Don’t oversleep- We have seen many migraine patients complain of headaches of weekends. There is no specific reason behind it except for they have slept in the morning for longer than their usual working days .
4. Excessive lights- Don’t let someone turn on the lights of the room all of a sudden during morning. This can trigger a headache in migraine patient. Also avoid too much LED lights at your work place.
5. Avoid excessive travelling- Migraine patients don’t go well with travelling. Long journey can cause headaches, so it is better to avoid or else keep munching during the travel.
6. Avoid sunlight- Moving out in sunlight is the commonly found cause of Migraine. So, if you are a migraine patient avoid exposure to sunlight.
7. Avoid strong fragrances- Migraine patients should avoid having strong perfumes, sprays, deo, room fresheners around them