Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine from India, offers holistic approaches to managing health conditions, including migraines.
Ayurveda is slowly emerging as a very safe and effective way to treating chronic headaches or Migraines.
It’s important to note that individual responses to treatments can vary, and consulting with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner is recommended for personalized advice.
At Migraine Upkram, we have successfully treated Migraine with Ayurvedic medicines and Panchkarma procedures.
There have been patients who have been on Ayurvedic treatment before approaching us. But even after long treatment, their headaches did not get treated.
Understanding one’s Prakriti is very important before preparing a line of treatment.
We not only analyse the Prakriti of patient but understand what triggers their headaches.
Choosing the Right Treatment for Migraine
Based on the triggers a treatment plan is chosen. For example, Ashwagandha is a good drug of choice but if the Prakriti and triggers are pointing towards aggravated Pitta in the body of the patient, Ashwagandha is a bad choice. Instead, Yashtimadhu should be used here this is what makes us different other doctors treating Migraine. Some patients may complain of headaches getting increased after Nasya while in some Nasya works wonders in treating Migraine. Proper planning of treatment is the key behind best treatment for Migraine. This helps us offer best treatment for migraine in India.
Remedies for Managing Migraines
1. Dietary Changes:
- Avoid processed food, cheese, caffeine, packet foods, chocolates
- Emphasize diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, home-made food, lean proteins
- Stay well hydrated but avoid excessive consumption of cold drinks
2. Lifestyle Modifications:
- Establish a daily regular routine including consistent sleep patterns
- Manage stress through practices like Yoga and Meditation
- Ensure proper ventilation in your living and work spaces
- Avoid LED lights in the house or working space
3. Herbal Drugs:
Ayurveda is known for its vast range of herbal medicines. Depending upon one’s Prakriti, medicines have to be chosen. Some medicines that are used in treatment of Migraine are:
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): It is a wonderful drug to reduce stress and improve cognitive function
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is again a drug to cope up with stress, anxiety and Insomnia. Stress is one major trigger of Migraine
- Jatamansi (Nordostachys jatamansi): It is a good drug for improving brain health and stress.
- Shatavari: Shatavari can help in migraines which are related to hormonal imbalances
- Triphala: Triphala is a simple drug but it is very good for digestion and mild constipation. 70% of Migraines are gastric headaches. So, if this is taken care of, many episodes of migraine can be avoided.
Panchkarma Treatment for Migraine
Panchkarma procedures are not for everyone. Before a patient is put on complex panchkarma procedures, a deep analysis and examination is done. At our centre, we have a dedicated space for Panchkarma. There are many procedures which help in curing Migraine like:
Choosing a right procedure for an individual is very important otherwise it can yield complications too.
When it comes to Migraine, identifying the underlying cause is very important and it can be done by a experienced and qualified practitioner. Usually, doctors do not listen to the patients they keep writing painkillers for headaches. The patient then stops going to the doctor and learns to live with the headache. Whenever there is a migraine attack, he goes to the nearby chemist shop and gets a painkiller. This should not be the fate of anyone suffering from Migraine. Treatment is possible at our centre. We aim to bringing an end to disturbing headaches for lifetime and be the best migraine centre in India.