Every person who has been handling headaches spends half the time on the internet finding some remedies that can bring down the pain.
If the intensity of headache is severe, home remedies do not work.
If the headache is mild or has just started you can use these home remedies which may make things easier:
- 1. Kokum Juice – Kokum is a fruit found in Western India; If you can get it, drink its juice when the headache starts. It brings down the Pitta and intensity of pain reduces.
- 2. Gentle Massage – Do gentle massage with oils like Sesame oil or Almond oil over temples and behind the ear lobes.
- 3. Ginger Tea– Many migraine patients complain of nausea and vomiting along with headache. Ginger tea is a good option to ease the acid reflux and vomiting symptoms. It also reduces pain to some extent.
- 4. Caffeine – Too much caffeine is a potent trigger of Migraine. This is the reason why people in western countries have more migraines than people of our country as they all are coffee lovers. But drinking coffee while having a headache is a good remedy to relieve pain. Many migraine patients experience low blood pressure during headache episodes. Caffeine is a good nervous system stimulant and hence it increases the blood pressure.
- 5. Try to sit in a dark room– Bright lights trigger migraine and worsen the pain when one is having it. So, during the migraine episode, try to turn off the lights or stay in a dark room for a few hours if possible. This remedy works for many migraine patients.
- 6. Kushmand – This fruit is described in Ayurveda as a treatment for Migraine. It is sweet in taste and cold in nature. It is widely known as Agra Petha.
Home remedies do not work in very severe cases but you can try adopting them and if still, pain does not ease, you can reach us at any time.